Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

has the ability immunize IE , firefox ..

adding bad domains to the restricted sites (iE)

i dont realy understand how it works in Firefox

i have IE7 & firefox

when i use spybots & spywareblaster

firefox with about 25 addons : when i lunch firefox it hangs bit and it dosent

even surf fast or smoth.

when i navigat through sites firefox seems to be bit slow

in fact my IE7 is much much faster which everybody hate

if i only open one window of IE7 while firefox running things gets very slow there

as everybody praise and compliment firefox....

for its speed and glossy trait.... not on my pc noww

i suspect it has something to do with the protection (like IE8)

or its my huge 25 addons???

what do you think?

by the way does someone know how spybot and spywareblaster protects FIREFOX ?????

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I would think that it is all of those addons, the most that i have ever had running at one time is like 3. Spybot has an immunization process that helps to secure firefox, i don't know about spywareblaster as i don't use it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think that it is all of those addons, the most that i have ever had running at one time is like 3. Spybot has an immunization process that helps to secure firefox, i don't know about spywareblaster as i don't use it.
i love the addons its just icant even get rid one of them

but i'll remove some , to try if that's the problem

how many seconds does it take firefox to load on your system???

(from the
moment you click on until the site is fully loaded)

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,196 Posts
Spywareblaster offers protection for IE, Firefox and several other browsers. For Firefox, it's bad cookie protection.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html#Browsers

For Firefox specific questions, you may wish to ask in our Mozilla/Firefox Browsers section of the forums.

My FF takes a bit longer to initially load than IE does, but once it's open, new tabs open quickly. I don't have 25 addons enabled though. Almost...about 20, with a few disabled. And my machine is not the speediest thing out there. LOL, don't ask.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Wow how can you guys have so many add-ons? That just seems like ALOT to me. Firefox take three seconds to load for me, i'm sure that it would load faster if my machine was faster though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Any time you load down a browser with add-ons, your performance is going to suffer.:sigh:

It's like putting two tons of iron in the bed of a 1/4 ton pickup truck and then expecting it to perform like a sports car. It ain't a gonna happen !!!!

Windows XP Pro SP2? SP3 was written and released for a good reason.
I'd get that installed on that PC as soon as possible.

For that OS, 2+ gigs of ram is the sweet spot.
I personally noticed a big jump in performance when I went from just one gig to two gigs.

Then don't have umpteen different programs running in the background when you're using your browser.

In XP, there are up to 20 different "Services" that can either be put into 'Manual' mode or just Disabled all together. That takes a huge load off of the CPU and ram and positively impacts system performance.

There's a lot more involved here than just the browser and add-ons.
Widen your view and look at your entire system and how it's set up and what it's running.

Happy Computing!
The Shadow :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.