Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I wanted to go onto the internet, Zone Alarm popped up with the message that Spooler System wanted to access the trusted zone. I had to click allow before I could go any further. What exactly is 'Spooler System' and was I right to allow it access?

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts
Today when I wanted to go onto the internet, Zone Alarm popped up with the message that Spooler System wanted to access the trusted zone. I had to click allow before I could go any further. What exactly is 'Spooler System' and was I right to allow it access?
The Spooler System is a Windows System service actually named "Printer Spooler" that writes output to memory for later printing (or other processing).

Zone Alarm, like other Internet Security Suites, contains a 3rd party firewall that tends to interfere with system services. I recommend the use of the Windows Firewall only. If you continue to use ZA, be careful as it may be locking/ already have blocked other vital system services.

Your call, of course, but I would recommend the removal of Zone Alarm.

If interested, removal instructions --> http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc...&sg=2&st=846489&documentid=344897&action=view

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.