Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
Just installed Office 2003 and the spelling & grammar dialogue box does not appear when you click on the ABC box in Word, any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What exactly happens? Does Word freeze, or does it just do nothing? You mentioned it doesn't work when you click the abc (spelling and grammar) button. How about when you try and access it through the Tools menu (Tools>Spelling and Grammar)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply
It doesn't do anything from either box, I can use Word normally after that. do you thing it's a missing file or something ?, I also notice the paper clip character reads the page but know box pops up?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Does the paper clip say something to the effect of "The Spelling and Grammar check is complete" when it is done reading? There should be no missing files unless something went wrong during the install, as even with a minimum installation the spelling tools should install by default.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hopper said:
Does the paper clip say something to the effect of "The Spelling and Grammar check is complete" when it is done reading? .
It just keeps on re-checking and never completes?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I guess I would try installing again, and installing everything possible (if you have the space). Did you upgrade over a previous version? I have heard of one issue where it wont work properly after installing over Office XP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks, will give it a go.
incidentally is there 3rd party spell checker I could incorporate into word ( something like ieSpell as used on web pages?)
Did you upgrade over a previous version?
no it's brand new PC, but came with M/S Works installed which as a version of word, and the spell checker is ok in that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.