Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
i just did the Verizon DSL Speedtest thing, just 2 see what my speeds were 4 the heck of it, when i got DSL back in '04, it would do the test in like 1.272, that was the fastest, now it's doin it in like 48 sec. :upset: lol, what is goin on?

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
Please check the profanity at the door, we don't allow that here.

You'll need to be a lot more specific, I have Verizon FiOS, and I don't know anything about a "Verizon DSL Speedtest thing". I'm assuming you're talking about a link speedtest.

Can you post the specific upload/download speeds you are getting? What is the stated speed of your DSL account?

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, my download is 292KBPS and my upload is 297...

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, it's their test and their wrong lol...

thanks guys...

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i went on my router website and heres what it says: DSL Connect Rate (Down/Up) 288 KBits/Sec by 352 KBits/Sec...

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
119 down..199 up...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like your connection is pretty slow for DSL... giving you 100-300 kbps on average... should be over a thousand. Has it always been this way?

when i got DSL back in '04, it would do the test in like 1.272, that was the fastest, now it's doin it in like 48 sec. :upset: lol, what is goin on?
Can you explain what you mean by 1.272 exactly?

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
meanin in seconds...

no, when i 1st got it it was great, then a couple months later i noticed it slowed down...

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think there might be something wrong with my phone jacks...

in my living room is where i've always had the modem plugged in to, and i was getting around 200kbps download/around 289-290 up...

i took the modem into my bedroom and i was gettin somewhat faster speeds, well with the download i was, i peaked at 338kbps download/290kbps upload...

so it's only my download that has the slow speeds...

it only ran at 338/290 1 time, then it dropped back down to the slow speeds again...

i took the phone jack out of the modem, and put it back in, and peaked at 338, again it only did it 1 time, then dropped..

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
If you're wiring is the issue, here's the cure.

Purchase a DSL splitter and install it at the telco service entrance. Run a direct line from the DSL port on the splitter directly to the DSL modem. Connect all of the other phone instruments to the telephone output of the DSL splitter. All of the DSL analog side wiring should be CAT3 or better twisted pair from the telco service entrance to the DSL/ADSL modem. You can use one of the twisted pairs in CAT5 cable if you have that on hand.

This is as good as it gets for DSL installations, and will usually solve in-house wiring issues.ing issues.

·
TSF Regular
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i got the problem fixed....

it was my phone line...

i was topping at those speeds i said above...

now im running at 3MB lol, very great...

thanks 4 all ur help...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.