Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering which is more accurate; SpeedFan, Everest, or SensorsView. Both SensorsView and Speedfan showed my 12v rail at only 8.55v but Everest showed it at 12.24v. So, which should I trust more?

According to a voltmeter, 12.22v is read off of one of my 4pin molex connectors.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
The volt meter is most accurate. I assume the psu was in the computer when you took this reading and not on a test bench.

Looks like Everest was right or at least closest to the volt meter, a computer won't run if the psu is only producing 8.55v on the +12V as the other programs suggested

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct. I opened my case and grabbed an unused molex plug and used the voltmeter on it. So, you are saying, if the voltmeter and Everest are saying the same thing, then Everest is the winner of most accurate. Thanks

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
G'Day milehile,

You will see in my signature links to SensorsViewPro™ and Everest™Home Edition, for which I wrote the tutorial guides.

Whilst I was preparing these two guides, not only did I carry out exhaustive tests, so too did the companies involved.
In fact the two companies gave me independent test reports...I mention in the guides that Everest™ and SensorsViewPro™ are accurate to one degree Celcius compared to my BIOS readings, as well as being equally accurate with a voltmeter test, as you did.

I thought that this might interest you.

Kind Regards,

Dave T.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
I would verify the voltages in your BIOS, as that will be more accurate than the programs, but as Doby said, the multimeter will be the most accurate of all.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Odd thing about my BIOS is that it doesn't show what my acctual voltages are, they just say that they are "OK". Don't know. I kinda figured it would tell me the voltages but oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.