Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3963 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1853 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 110427 MB, Free - 40008 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I am using FF 45.0.1. I have a solid state HD. I use MSE anti virus and MWBytes

I have noticed in the last couple weeks my computer has slowed waaaay down. Example before I logged in here I had FF open and clicked a bookmark (I do not save history) before the page came up I disconnected the internet cable. more than a second later the page came up on the browser window! So it must have been loaded in the machine what was going on holding it up?
The fan has been running a lot especially since I started using FB recently. I am doing a people search and they are one of the places one must use.
When I use FB I open a new browser window allow the two scripts necessary, log in do what I do then log out and close the browser. If I get a problem logging in I close the browser and start over. On a regular basis I get to the point of having logged in but the login stays stuck on that page and does not go through. In this case I close the browser and follow the stated log in procedure. ???????
I know it may sound off but my sense is that something that was not there before I started using FB daily is doing this. Yesterday I did an ESET online scan which turned up nothing.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You
I had my browsers closed when your email came. FF was way slow in starting. I have gone into computer/windows/temp and emptied the folder. Is that enough?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I restarted and FF was still very slow. It took a count of 10 before it fully opened and allowed me to click a drop down menu. The drop down menu hesitates.
I downloaded and ran TFC and restarted. It deleted 2,236.00mb
When I opened FF it still took a 10 count to be usable and the drop down menus still hesitates. My email client is also taking a count of 10 before it opens and I have it set to not check for mail as it opens.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It started a few weeks ago right around the time I started using FB daily.
I have IE which has always been slow. I just opened the 64bit version and it started ok then got slower and slower as I hit different bookmarks. The fan wound up to running loudly and constantly until I shut it down.
Edit-I do not know that there is anything but corollary relationship between FB and the issue.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All my addons were present and not interfering before the issue of noticeable slowness started.
Thanks. ????
Edit the 32 bit IE isn't making the machine run slower or winding the fan up. ?

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,557 Posts
Yes, but please make sure that there isn't any additional or new add-ons there.

IE does not have the same issue as FireFox?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked and there are no new addons and they are up to date. IE 32 bit did not run the fan up but IE is pretty useless and slow even when running perfectly. The 64 bit IE was very slow and ran the fan at full speed constantly.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have CPUID and I blow the dust out regularly. I have had the thing open in the last 6 months. I changed the paste and blew it all out then. One strange thing is that the battery was brand new then, and it says it has 27% wear?! I keep it plugged in.

Right now both cores are at 114ishF.
When I first posted one was hitting 150F The other was in the 140’sF

THRM is 116F

The HD is 82F

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd like to revive this topic. Things are going real slow with FF. I can't tell of Concast is throttling me or what. System info again;
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3963 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1853 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 110427 MB, Free - 44027 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I have FF 45.0.1. It is taking gobs of time between commands and action. Currently I have links on a separate page and when I click it takes more than 20 seconds from the click until it opens a browser window and goes to the page even with another browser window already open. Internally it seems fine it is only when I am using the interwebs that it slows down. It makes me think there is an extra process happening after I command the browser to do something it is taking so long. Then sometimes it just runs normally. ??????

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,557 Posts
Are all of your system drivers fully up-to-date?

I still believe this is an issue with FF on your system since you say IE does not spin up the fan.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just opened IE with FF open and it slowed way down.
I am using Java 8 update 77 FF 45.0.1 and there are no missing critical MS updates.

It is still related to my use of FB from my perspective. Something new happened with FB last evening and today. I usually go to a bookmark then allow two scripts and sign in. It started not letting me past a page that seemed like it was being script blocked even after I signed in. The solution I found was to delete all stored website data. Next time I opened the browser it work as usual.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I just tried to use FB and the problem is back. This time when I deleted all stored website data it did not fix the problem. The issue it seems is cookies but FF automatically accepts cookies which makes me think FB is just trying to make me allow all.
I've attached a scrn sht. If I login it tells me I have to allow cookies. ??? All the problems started when I started using FB.

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So today no joy at all with FB.
FF is still slow but the FB problem is bugging me. I used FF help site and disabled each add on with no joy. It does come up in safe mode so??? It also comes up right in IE.
Now it seems my settings on NoScript have been messed with or NoScript is getting buggy. Somehow during my disabling and enabling addons NoScript got changed to allow globally and that happened a couple times as I was going through each tab it somehow got rechecked??? OK so now I am at a new place with NoScipt settings.

Something changed before I started having issues. I did not change any settings or habits. What did FB change? I have followed all the FF help for FB problems???

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just tried an experiment with Ghostery. I realize as I write I did not disable it in my efforts of trying addons one by one. I just neve thought of it as being a poblem since there was never any FB stuff in it.
Anyway I allowed the FB social plugin which is in Ghostery blocked objects now and the normal FB login page came up. ????? can anyone tell me if that is Facebook changing what they allow or Ghostery changing something?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.