Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the issue when I'm listening to stuff using earphones. It's only my USB speakers that cause this issue. I checked the power settings and USB selective suspend is disabled. I couldn't find any USB power related settings in the BIOS.

I don't really know how to replicate the issue. It seems to happen at random. Also for some reason I seem to have Nvidia as well as Realtek audio drivers but it's Realtek that's active. Is this normal? Relevant screenshots attached.

This is my motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-S1-rev-10

Attachments

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
It could be that your USB seakers draw just a bit too much current from the USB port and will shut down and reconnect as a function of the over-current protection of the USB port. I have seen this only once before, so it is a possibility. Other than that it may be a defect in the speakers that cause them to shut down and restart, or possibly an intermittent connection in the USB cable or connector.

Do you get the usual system sound when a USB device disconnects?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be that your USB seakers draw just a bit too much current from the USB port and will shut down and reconnect as a function of the over-current protection of the USB port. I have seen this only once before, so it is a possibility. Other than that it may be a defect in the speakers that cause them to shut down and restart, or possibly an intermittent connection in the USB cable or connector.

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

I don't get any USB disconnection sound when the speakers go quiet. I don't get the USB disconnection sound even when my earphones are active and I connect and disconnect the speakers though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ok I'm getting notifications now saying "An audio device has been plugged/unplugged from an audio jack" whenever the speaker goes silent.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Have you tried your speakers on another machine to see if the same symptoms appear?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.