Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of this morning, I started receiving numerous undeliverable address emails. It appears that spam is being sent from my domain because when I view the emails, it has the original message coming from various names with various user names at my domain. (For example... Joe Thomas <[email protected]> ) Incidentally, these aren't attached messages.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? Is it a virus or something else?

BTW, emails from my domain are delivered to my outlook express.

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like you're infected with a worm, probably one of the more recent headaches.

Update your anti-virus software and run it. :rolleyes: You should be doing that anyway. When it tells you what is on your machine, quarrentine it or delete it and then go to the website of the brand of your antivirus and find instructions on how to make sure all instances of it are gone from your PC.

If you don't have any antivirus program in your PC, you'd better get one fast! And, while you're at it, get a firewall and download all of the security patches from the Microsoft website pronto!

NO ONE should be on the internet without protection. It's not enough to just have the stuff installed, you must update it every week!!!

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Actually, even though you don't have an infection, you can get these. I am getting some of them, it's from someone that you have previously emailed getting the worm. Make sure your system is clean and just delete the bogus messages.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Come to think of it, this did happen to me several months ago while my machine was totally clean. I remember emailing the person to tell them they had a problem. She thanked me.

Either case could be true. You could have a worm or you may not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.