Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay on my computer i have had sp2 installed and 5 hours later, i would be using my computer and a blue screen with white letters would appear. thids has happened 3 times already. I decided not to install sp2 and stay on sp1 for a coupls of days and everything is running smoothly. No crashes and stuff like that. could sp2 be causing BSOD?

my specs are

a8n-sli deluxe mobo
amd 3500+
1 gb of ram
win xp pro service pack 1

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
could be many things such as driver conflict. before you uninstalled service pack 2, have you tried it running with the updates?

also post the bsod error and ill see what i can do to help you. one more thing check the eventlog and see if get any errors. right click on my computer -> click on manage -> click on eventviewer -> double click on applications and look for "X" marks which are errors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry my bad i forgot to say the system is dead. I have to reformat after sp2 is installed.

anyways this is the error i get

SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

and there was other stuff like "a problem has been detect and windows shut down to prevent damage" but that appears no matter what error you get

then when i restart i would get this message. It flashes blue then restarts again

STOP: c0000218 (registry File Failure)
the registry could not load the hive (file):
\systemroot\system32\config\SOFTWARE
or its log or alternate
it is corrupt, absent or not writable

beginning dump of physical memeory
physical memory dump complete
contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.