Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so far ya'll on this forum have been a bug help. Now I've got a new question for you guys. I dont know how many of you are familiar with Steam Powered games, but for your information, among them are the legendary internet games Counterstrike, and Half Life. Anyways, I have a clan on Counter Strike: Source, we have a website, but now need a server. Steam supplies you with a free program to make servers, but when I try to, it is very laggy. So, I was just wondering what may be causing this problem. Do I need more RAM (I have 512 MB, soon to be 2 GB)? Maybe I need a faster internet connection (currently have cable, which is 300k lowest, and 600k highest, depends on what time of the day)? Could it be my processor is to slow (Dual Channel Pentium 4 running at 3.6 ghz)? My video card is sufficient for sure (GeForce 6800 Ultra). Anyways, please respond soon, because I would like to know possible solutions for this pestering situation.
-Thanks
-Daywalker

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
k to run a dedicated server not much is required as the computer inst really running the game. You need alot of ram like atleast a gig and a good internet connection (preferably better then cable but it will work) It will lag if u try to play and have a server running :sayyes: so find a crappy old p3 computer to run the server with like 1gb of ram and ur set, i recommend renting one if u get like 4 ppl to chip some $$$ together ur set, cheap servers at recongamer.com we rent a cs1.6 server from there and they are awsome.

good luck if u need help u can also IM me on AIM at MrFRaggz

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll think about those options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.