Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sounds are messed up.. it would go off sometimes and on sometimes when it goes off i can play any videos. i have two slots to plug in the sound plug. i dont play it into the sound card cuz when i do there is no sound.. but there is another i plug it into in the middle of the back of the cpu. it has the same color as the sound card. help? i really need my sounds fix for gaming purposes

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
when you plug into the cpu,it will be your onboard sound chip connection as the cpu is in the middle of the computer and nothing plugs into it
it will be high up on the rear of the computer above the pci slots
your s/card will be in the pci slots and if you wish to use it then plug your speakers in there
in the device manager disable your onboard sound, by right clicking on it and choosing disable
then click on view at the top and choose show hidden devices
check there is no yellow alongside your s/card entries indicating their is a problem with the driver,if there is reinstall the driver for your card,if not the sound should be working

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
if you are refering to disabling the onboard in the device manager look for the name of the onboard chip,your manual will tell you what it is
mine is soundmax

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
there are multiple listings regarding sound if there is any yellow alongside any of them,then double click on them to see what it says is the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.