Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Intel D865PERL motherboard and built my first computer. Not the first I've owned but the first I've built.
Intel D865PERL motherboard
Intel 2.4 800mhz CPU
(2) Crucial 512MB RAM
Klipsh 2.1 speakers

I'm having problems with my speakers. The right speaker has about 1% the volume as the left speaker. I went to Intel's web site and downloaded the latest driver. I have plugged my speakers into my old computer and they work fine so I know its not the speakers. I've checked voulme levels and everything indicates I should be getting equal volume. Device Manager is not indicating anything is wrong.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had the same problem with my SoundMax on Windows XP.
To solve this, I opened the SoundMax Control Panel from the start menu or control panel. I adjusted everything in there to suit my preferences. I also went through the Audio Wizard to make sure everything was detected.

In Preferences, I disabled the Audio ESP. For Listening Environment, I chose the speaker setup I use on my system. I also chose an Acoustic Environment and set the Virtual Ear to Adult. Click "test" so see how things sound.

To ensure that the audio works in all speakers, SMax4PNP must be enabled in the Startup in msconfig. (This might be all you need to do, but the other stuff is what I did first.)

Hopefully this will help you get the audio working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.