Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys?

I recently purchased a soundblaster Live! 24-bit 7.1 card from Best Buy for like 30 bucks to replace my crappy onboard sound. I installed it in my machine and used the drivers CD provided in the box to set it up. I have it hooked up to everyone's favorite logitech x-530 5.1 speaker system. I hooked up all of the plugs properly in back.

I am, however, having problems experiencing 5.1 sound. Winamp, windows media player, etc. seem to recognize that it is a 5.1 compatible card, however, only play out of the left and right front speakers (and the sub). front mid and the two rear speakers have no output. However, my drivers came with a little mediacenter program that has a test function, and when I click it, all my speakers respond. Also, when I am playing Counterstrike: Source, I seem to have 5.1 sound. But nothing else seems to make use of it. Anybody have any help for me? Thanks.

I'm using a fresh format of Windows XP SP2, with the latest version of winamp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update, I read the article here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/windowsmediaplayer/51audio.mspx

Everything in there I've tried. I downloaded the test pack at the end. It contains two sound files. One is a .wma, one is a .wav. It's just your standard 5.1 test, with a voice saying, "Front left" "Front right" etc. The .wav version worked on all the speakers, however, the .wma only worked with the sub and the front right/left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am having the same problem.... i have crative soundblaster libe 24 bit... and i jsu purchasesd logitech x530... wen i test it it works perfct.. sounmd coms out from every single speaker but when i play a song then sound only comes out of front right and front left speaker.. no sound comes out from centre, read left or right.. so please can someoen help me out... pleasee... i am desperate :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.