Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I joined up because I have a problem I can not fix. I am familiar with troubleshooting. I used to work in tech support (hehe and it wasn't technical). Anyway, my computer quit making sound (From cd, from MP3, from wav everything). So I ran through the normal stuff, made sure I wasn't muted, made sure everything was plugged in, tried head phones instead of speakers to see if it was speakers. I checked the sound card next. Made sure that the drivers were good, even reinstalled them. Right when I lost the sound I started getting an ODBC error every time I would open control panel. I did some research on the net and found that the two problems could be related. So I fixed the ODBC error and I no longer have a problem with that but I still don't have any sound at all. Can somebody think of anything else that I missed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
dirty install -just reinstall your opsys - no changes- try to force the issue.

now that the odbc error is fixed - the underlying issue may b the sound connected to it?

the dirty install may be the way to force it working without searching out the issue - but you may what to read more and post the error code so we can read a little about it too.
wiz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.