Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm facing a bad problem. I have lost the volume icon as well as all form of windows sound, but there is nothing wrong with the sound card itself as I manged to fiddle faddle with my Winamp settings and can play mp3s fine.

Upon inspection, the Multimedia properties of my driver (SiS 7018 aUDIO dRIVER) says that the driver is enabled but inactive due to an unknown problem. The playback device area is grayed out.
There are no crosses or exclamation marks next to any device in the Device Manager.

Any advice?

PS This is not a sound problem, but I have to ask anyway - shortly after this problem occured, I installed Internet Explorer Six, and suddenly, whenever I type in a forum, the words lag very badly...it is a long time before my message materialises on the screen. How do I fix this? It was never like this before. The scrolling is slow too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ran the Adaware scan...removed a few files...the great news is that the forum typing problem has cleared! Thanks a lot.:winkgrin: However the bigger problem, the audio one, has yet to be solved.

I tried many solutions listed on the internet...considered IRQ conflict...went on safe mode and uninstalled driver...no dice. :confused: :upset:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.