Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reformatted my computer (Windows Xp Pro *IBM 8304 KCU*) and when i turned i back on my graphics, internet and soundcard drivers were gone. Fortunatly i was able to restore the graphics and internet drivers but not the soundcard drivers. Im not a really techy guy and i dont know what my sound card is without opening the computer up. Please could you help me solve my problem.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hi and Welcome to TSF

Use Belarc Advisor it builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.
Use this to see if it identifies your soundcard.
If this does not help you may have to open the case and physically look at the card

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Look for your motherboard make/model/version on it.

If you haven't added a card to your system it will be an onboard with the motherboard.

*If the above software does not list your sound/mobo correctly, then download, install and run HWINFO32.
You can run it fully on the free trial.
*Click Motherboard and see what the info on the right reads.
*Expand Audio and then click what appears under it, and then note the top two listings on the right.

Let us know how that goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.