Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have myself a problem that I hope you can help me with (better than shelling out money, eh?)

So the other day I was recoding something (myself playing guitar, if you must know, nothing too loud) and I notice a weird noise. I chalk it up to my crappy $5 mic and close window's default sound recorder and press play on ITunes only to find the same sound coming out of my left speaker. I was pretty bummed, thinking I had blown my speaker. I realized there was probably nothing I could do but to wait and get the speaker replaced. Later on I put my IPod headphones in to listen to something only to find the same sound coming out of my left headphone. I figured I have a problem with my sound card, so I figured I'd see if anybody can help me out so that I perhaps might not need to shell out for a new card.

Here's a link to a recording I made of the sound, if that helps any.

I'm running a Toshiba Satellite A20. My audio is: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio (built in laptop speakers)

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
in the control panel click on the soundmax icon and check it is set up properly
you have a sound chip not a card you can replace

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
in the device manager click on view at the top and show hidden devices
check if there is any yellow alongside of anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, yes. Yes there is. Next to one called "Serial"

Device status: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I uninstalled it like the Troubleshooter said, and I tried to reinstall it only to find it wasn't so easy.

I'll try and track down the c.ds for my sound system tommorrow.

Oh wait. Holy crap. It fixed it! :pray:

Is it important that I reinstall this device?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.