Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a Gateway desktop that has Vista home premium on it. The sound card shows to be working fine in device mgr and when I test the digital realtek speaker system software it sounds off. But when I test system sounds in control panel I get nothing. Also I put in music cd and get nothing from the speakers. I have swapped speaker systems for a test with same results. What am I missing?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean "what is set as default"? In device mgr, I did reload drivers. In control panel, I went to sound and it shows :
Realtek digital output - working (checked as default) and speakers - realtek high definition audio - working
Where do you suggest disabling the audio? Again, when I do a sound test in the realtek program, they do produce the test signal.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed that and it didn't quite do it, but I kept on checking on sounds setup in CP and finally did something right and it worked. I really don't know what I did that fixed it....Thanks for your help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I already post this solution many time here and I'm ready to share it for you again.

Find the latest version of your driver, download it, uninstall your current driver and install the new one. After uninstalling the driver and reboot it to automatically reinstall it, the audio still may not work. Amazingly though, sometimes after putting the system in hibernate mode and coming back, the audio worked.

I found this solution at http://www.noaudiooutput.com

Hope it helps if it doesn't they have other suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.