Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a Windows update, and there was an update for my sound card. I downloaded it, and now my sound is very low. The only way to make my sound louder, is to go into the volume controls and put either master volume, or wave, or both, all the way to one side (left or right). and when I do that, some sounds are louder, but for, example, if im in a game, I cant hear all the sounds around me. This is obviously because the sound is all to ONE side, but I still get most of the sound in both ears. My problem is that this "low sound" problem needs to be fixed.

I tried just about everything, from rolling back my drivers to as far as they would go, to just plain uninstalling my drivers/reinstalling them. When trying to reinstall, I fear that the windows update might have corrupted the stored sound drivers. What I mean by this is that I removed my sound drivers, and restarted my PC. When it came back online, not only did it say new hardware detected, but it said exactly what sound card I had....which, has NEVER happened to me before. and I guess, by default, Windows loads the default drivers (IE the corrupted ones). In a sense, they arent really corrupted, they just dont work...but obviously my PC doesnt know that.

Is there any way to delete the drivers from the PC completely? or perhaps prevent Windows from using the default Sound Drivers - so I can install the ones I had before? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Im not sure what sound card I have, but its integrated (I think) and its VIA AC97 something-or-other.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you want to, you can "roll back driver" by going to device manager [start/control panel/system/hardware tab/device manager. Find the sound device and right click and go to its properties, then on the drivers tab and you'll see the button. :smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just restored my PC again...and I still have the problem.

I did a DXdiag, and now it says my sound card doesnt support hardware buffering. ***!!

I think thats the problem I have now. Since the Windows Update screwed up my PC internally, I dont know what to do. Anyone know how to fix it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.