Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an issue I find personally curious - though the reason may just be my technical dumbness.
Namely - already couple of years ago I deliberately damaged the frontal sound port of my computer. I had headphones connected to it and as the computer is under my table, I happened to hit it with my leg which caused the green jack to get a slight damage. Speakers are connected to the backside green jack and did not seem to be affected by this small issue. As I rarely if at all have to use the headphones it seemed to be no problem at all.
Well, but as it turns out, I had damaged the frontal sound portal enough, that at some point computer made no sound at all. Weirdly, however, the sound returned, if I plugged for example a headset cable into the damaged frontal jack. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Recently the sound disappears completely.
Well, and my question is - how are the back portal and the frontal portal connected? Why does the physical damage to the frontal sound portal make sound disappear, although the speakers, the speaker cable and everything else beside this one jack is in perfect order?
Yes, I know, most probably it's a stupid question and I just should get a new frontal sound portal but nevertheless...

·
Super Moderator Hardware Team
13,132 Posts
Hi usually when a headphones are plugged in it will mute the speakers. so now the front port thinks their is a headphone plugged in. you could disconnect the front audio connector from the motherboard that should get you sound out from the rear connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.