Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, this will take me a little bit to explain because I'm new to this stuff... basically, I'm trying to find out what exactly I'd need to do what I'm asking >if< it's even possible in the first place ;)

I have a 4 speaker sound set with a woofer. All 4 cables plug into the woofer. Then, two cables run from the woofer to my computer-- one cable for the front two speakers, one for the back two. Sound card used is a SoundBlaster Live Value.

I also have a "VGA Box" which is used to hook up my PlayStation 2 to my monitor. The "VGA Box" has two audio ports: Speaker Out and SoundCard In. To get sound right now, I am connecting the included standard stereo cable from the "Speaker Out" of the VGA box to the "Line In" of my soundcard.

The problem is that by doing this, I am only getting sound output in the front two speakers and nothing from the back two.

Everything works fine with audio output from the computer (4 speakers all work), just not the PlayStation 2. I noticed that in my soundcard settings if I set "Digital Output Only", then on BOTH my playstation 2 and my computer, I get output from my rear speakers only.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get output from BOTH sets on the playstation 2 ;)

Now, I know it's not going to be true surround since it's only outputting what you'd hear on a standard 2 tv speaker thing anyway. But there's gotta be a way to "duplicate", if you will, that signal and send it to my back two speakers right? Just like music...if I play music off my computer, I hear it out of all 4 speakers-- the back two are just a mirror of my front 2.

I've heard various things as to what I would need. Some mention something about some sort of decoding box. Some say there is some splitter cable you can get.

But no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer because they don't know too much about the audio field. So I was hoping someone here could help guide me to what I'd need to get this to work if possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only way I can think of is to go into the audio properties on your computer and change it from surround to a normal speaker setup. Try with different ones.. you should be able to get the sound to push through all 4 speakers.. It won't be surround sound though but the way it's hooked up I don't think it would be anways which is why the back speakers aren't working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.