Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Hope you can help me with this problem, because it has been haunting me for some time now.

I have a Lenovo T61 laptop with Soundmax HD audio drivers on. Everything has been working perfectly for quite some time now, until suddenly one morning the audio just stopped working. Not completely, mind you, as it works in Windows Media Player for some reason.
Any attemt of listening to sound other than that however, results in a whole lot of NOTHING coming out of my speakers.

Checking device manager, it says my soundcard is there and it works perfectly. If i go to Control Panel -> Audio Settings and see there, it also says it works fine. But when I enter the audio scheme thingy to select Windows Startup sound for example, I cannot play it; the play button is grayed out.
Also, any sound from internet explorer or any other browser won't work.
I know for a fact that this is not a hardware issue. A few others I know had this very problem, but they ended up re-installing Windows XP and it worked after that.

So far, I've checked, double checked and triple checked my IE settings for sound, and everything is in order. I have changed audio drivers a ton of times, tried un-installing and re-installing Adobe Flash Player, ran every availible Windows Update. And now I've come to my wits end. I don't know what to do next. All I know is I don't want to re-install Windows Xp. That's not a proper solution, that's just an universal workaround.

Any takes on what to do?
Best regards,
Hellreject.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.