Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something is really really crazy with my sounds. I posted before about this quite some time ago, but I am still having the issue so I thought I would try again!

It doesn't matter if I am trying to run a wav file or an MP3, if it has a 44KHz, the sound is just distorted. Sometimes you can make out what it is, but it is very shakey sounding. the Kbps doesn't matter....it is the KHz that is always 44 when it happens. If it is anything else, the sound is just fine. Does this make any sense at all??? Someone I work with told me to check the levels on the mixer to make sure they aren't up to high and they are just fine. I just don't understand why it is ONLY these certain files and not ALL of them. :(

I THINK I AM LOSING MY HEAD!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which soundcard do you have? Try to explain what it sounds like. Or, send me one of the mp3's. It can't be that they are distorting becaue the sample rate is 44.1Khz, or maybe you're describing something inaccurate. What other settings do you use for the sample rate other than 44.1Khz?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a little illiterate when it comes to the sound aspect of pc's. I don't know what kind of sound card I have (haven't torn apart) nor do I understand the sample rate. :(

It isn't the MP3 because once it it burnt, it is fine. The other really weird thing is that I used to be able to hear them just fine. I know!! It is really cracked! I don't get it! :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohhhh......DUH.

I was going to explain to you what it sounds like.

It is shaky. That is the only word I can find to describe it. You can tell what it is when you play it, but it is shaky/jittery sounding.

WEIRD!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm... I still don't know what you mean by what it sounds like. When you burn the mp3's, do you create and audio cd (for a cd player), or are they kept as mp3's (data cd)? If you're doing it the audio cd way, I don't know whatelse do to as of now, but to convert it to a way, and back to an mp3. Sounds like the mp3 bitrate is low. When you convert it try it at 192kbps. Do you have mp3 converting software? Also, if you right click on the mp3 and select properties, somewhere in there you will see the bitrate and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I convert them to wav files before I burn them with an actual converter, but it doesn't matter where I get the MP3 or wav file from...if it is that 44 thing, I might as well hang it up listening to it on my PC!

I will check out the properties of the files here in a bit and get back here:p

Thanks soooo much for your help! :)

Carrie!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alright.... It can't be that 44 thing. That would mean you're soundcard is bad, but I highly doubt that. Oh, you're welcome. :winking:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ARGH! Where am I looking for the specifics on these MP3 files?? lol I went to PROPERTIES like I thought I would need to and it just gives the basic things like the name...the when...the location of it.....nothing else:(

It has to be something with those files that have that 44Mhz thing. It has to be! Because when I play anything else of a different value, it is fine:(

If the soundcard was BAD, I wouldn't hear anything at all, would I? I am CONFUSED!! I think I will rip my hair out now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Okay, where are you seeing it saying the mp3 is 44khz, and where are you seeing the one's that display something different? I think you're getting the sample rate mixed up with something else.

Right click on the mp3 file-->click on the summary tab-->click on advanced on the bottom right (if that hasn't yet been selected). Some mp3 are made with no information about them, most do though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK.....I am right clicking on the MP3 file but while in Windows Explorer! That drop down menu is where I am going to properties at.

Where I see the 44 is in Winamp. It shows both figures of the file being played at the time. :(

I have tried to even use windows media player thinking that it was Winamp, but it still does the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Okay, it works fine with me. Faith Hill fan huh... hehe... kewl... Now this happens when every mp3 you try to play has a sample rate of 44.1khz, now which one's work? What is thier sample rate? I'm thinking it's a hardware/driver problem now. Sorry this is taking so long. Go into device manager to see which soundcard you have. Also, when's the last time you ran windows update? You should do that also.

AT&T rocks... no problems what so ever...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Faith Hill FAN?? lol I wouldn't call it THAT! I would call it "I like the tune itself!" :)

I forgot to mention that MIDI files with that 44 thing sound just FINE if you can believe that one.

OK..I have one that is at 11Khz..it is a wav file and it sounds fine.

I have another one that is 22 and is fine.

32 is fine.

Now....it says "ES1869 Plug and Play AudioDrive (WDM"

Manufacturer: ESS Technology, Inc.
Hardware Version: 1.0.10

It does say the device is working properly! lol

Would you believe I did computers for a YEAR at a large company in this area?!?!? Didn't deal with sound things, though...nobody was allowed to have sound! lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ohh..no windows update, I don't think. Doesn't windows update just give you what you WANT to update versus doing an automatic thing for you?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HOLLLLYYYY MOLYYYY!!!!!

Would you believe I FIXED the thang?!?!?!? I swear I did!! lol

Actually...I owe it to you because you asked me to look at what sound card I have in the device manager and then I just did a search for this dang company online. I got on their website and decided I would just try to reinstall the driver in case it was corrupted or something like that.

WELLLL...don't you know it WORKED?!?!??!?!?!? I swear!!!! How cool!! I am sooo happy!! :)

The only weird thing that happened when I was rebooting, is that things that were in my startup like last YEAR that I had taken out suddenly went BACK into that startup and I have to reconfigure with msconfig. that was really strange..but either way......YEAH!!! :)

Thanks soo much for taking the time with me:) You ROCK! KUDOS! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.