Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I am trying to play WOW and run A tv Program in the background and for some reason the sound lags sort or stutters or jitters something to that effect. It works fine without wow open and All wow sound is turn off when it is open. Is there anything I can do about this? I have a realtek HD audio soundcard and its a brand new computer.

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Hey, I just checked it out and I can run Crysis and watch Shoutcast Tv (no tuner card in this comp) at the same time. I've got Realtek on here as well.

Just to make sure, though, have you looked at your cpu usage when you do this?

Also, have you looked into updating WoW. I don't play but I know that there can be issues with sound and WoW.

Pauldo

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok everything is updated. I just found something else out that when i minimize the tv window tthe sound is fine as soon as i open to view it while wow is open does the stuttering. My CPU usage is fine its at 75% with wow the TV window maximized and mozilla open. It is not onboard though should I try the onboard sound card or is there somethign else I should do so I dont have to switch sound cards everytime I want to do somethign else. I am also using pinnacle TV Center PRO is the program for watching TV.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok played with it some more when wow and the tv window are maximized with the tv selected cpu usage is only 50% as soon as u select WOW jumps to 75%. Plus it doesnt mess the sound up either with any window selected except wow as soon as u select that window the sound screws up, but at the same time its weird that i can have wow slected and the tv window minimized and the sound is fine...

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so basically the only thing i can think of is that its confused on which is the main sound I want to be playing but WOW sounds arent on and are completely disabled so I have no idea

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Sorry, I completely forgot to answer yesterday.

Couple things that I thought of. Have you tried any other games with this scenario? Might help pinpoint if it is WoW or pinnacle that is causing the problem.

Have you looked for an update for your pinnacle software? I noticed that there are a few patches on pinnacle's website. Speaking of pinnacle, they are not known for drivers that play well with others.

Pauldo

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah pinnacle is updated and as for trying with other games I havent tried it. I don't have any other games right now I should in a few days however and I can try it then.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK so I try running WOW and PowerDVD the BD version for blur ray and it starts like skipping. Image just replays over and over. and the sound does to sometimes not all the time. Someone has to know something please?

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Sorry coubs3, I was waiting for you to try it out with some different games. And I didn't really have much else to offer.

Did you try any other games? I'd be real curious to know if it happens with any other games.

As for HD, you need a pretty decent system to multi-task while HD is running. Was that happening while watching a Blu-ray movie? What are your system specs?

I will tell you that I just fiddled with Pinnacle software earlier this week on a friends system and it was very finicky. If a different game yields the same results I would have to suspect Pinnacle as being the culprit.

Pauldo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.