Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how do i find out which on-board sound card i have?

I'm having some major problems which i think is caused by my on-board sound drivers

thank you all in advance :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
on the front of my pc it says HP pavilion 7965 i am not sure if that's what you mean

as for the motherboard i don't know how to find out a friend recommended SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005.SR3 but for some reason it wont show my motherboard (can provide screenshots)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
auto detect took me to the same page you showed me before (good call on that btw)

going to continue browsing that page to see what i can dig up

thank you for the speedy help

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there now doesn't look there page has what i am looking for, going to send them an E-mail, hope it don't take to long i cant play any games till its fixed

·
retired
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
I did not see a sound card driver on that page. I did see a link where you could order the recovery disk for your pc. This should have everything you need to get up and running.

·
retired
1,966 Posts
Release Date: 2005-10-12 Version: 1.0.2.2.090105

Description

HP Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse driver update resolves issues with the short-cut keys.

Purpose: Recommended

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Fixes

- Resolves issues with the HP & Q Club and Calculator keys.
- Improves compatibility with the HP Digital Entertainment Centers.
- Resolves the Burn CD/DVD key not launching the correct application.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...oftwareCategory&cc=uk&softwareitem=pv-25182-5

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...page=softwareCategory&docname=bph07154#N101E5
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have the restore cd?

I suggest you download EVEREST as it will likely identify the audio and provide a link too.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well sadly i still have the same problem i was really hoping that would fix it guess i should start from the beginning...

i was having a lot of problems with spyware and other stuff like it so i decided to format my PC i downloaded all updated drivers and fully updated windows expecting everything to work fine (had done many many formats in the past with no problem)

my problem was that every time i tried to play a game it would lock up my whole system and i would have to hard boot after, firstly i thought it was my graphics card since the fan on it recently stopped working so i put in a different graphics card but the problem was still there a friend of mine said it might have been my memory so i changed that with brand new memory before i had 2x 256 DRR sticks i replaced that with a single 512 DRR stick still had the problem and finally he thought it might be the sound card drivers *cries*

this is where it gets weird after i changed the memory i re subbed my account for Asheron's call a 3D MMOPRG i have no problems with crashing while playing this game for hours at a time but as soon as i play Vietcong or heroes of might of magic 2 (this one just reboots my system) Arcanum also locks my system all lockups happen after 10-15 minutes of play

at first i thought it was hardware but if Asheron's Call works and every other game doesn't i am guessing its software but after a fresh format i cant see what it could be anymore

please let me know what information you need id screens shots of any kind files or a dxdiag

really appreciate the time your all taking to helping me

·
retired
1,966 Posts
go into bios...
select the Exit tab, Load Setup Defaults, (optimized setup defaults)
select the Advanced tab,
Reset Configuration Data (Initialize the NVRAM)
Onboard Video Memory Size: 128

Exit Saving Changes

download memtest86 and let it run for a few hours to see if any ram errors occur.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.