Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first time poster, I am having a very confusing issue with my soudn driver. My computer is acting as if there is no such thing as a sound driver. It's an HP and I have downloaded the soudn driver from their site and the sound card manufacture site. Both do exactly the same thing. When I try to install it, it extracts it fine, opens up the instlaler program, acts likeit installs, and then suddnely a message pops up saying driver not found. It's on the computer, I opened it up to run the program, but it still tells me tha tthe file that is there isn't there. It's illuding everyine that I talk to about it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
First thing is to make absolutely sure you are using the correct driver, as it sounds to me like it might not be the right one. If it is, then I would try deleting the device from my system (go to Device Manager, highlight the hardware, right click, and uninstall). Then restart and let Windows find the hardware again. When it does, direct it to where the driver is. If the same thing happens, post back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.