Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I got what it seems to be an old laptop it's a GATEWAY 200ARC. The sound is not working. I tried to install a fresh Windows XP SP3 and downloaded the sound driver from Gateway support website but it didn't work out. The device manager is installing the driver and everything but I can't hear anything. Also in the very high volume videos I hear some scratches coming out of the speaker I tried headphones but nothing also.

Is there is any solution?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't working before so i can try system restore. The first time I got this laptop the sound icon was there but no sound is going out of the laptop even with headphones. After installing new XP and trying to install the drivers it shows that everything is okay and working but no sound icon next to the system clock and no voice also is there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't care about the Modem and so no worries.I know that Sigmatel C is the sound driver.I already tried to install the drivers from the Gateway support and that's why i have it a Sigmatel C not new unknown hardware but unfortunately it's not working. any other ideas???

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe i don't know. but the guy who gave me the laptop told me that he tried a driver and it worked before. Anyway i'll try to find different drivers and will see what will happen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.