Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kinda out of the circle when it comes to computers, but i recieved my desk top from an old friend who allowed alot of viruses to attack it. so when i recieved it there were over 900 viruses found and i ended up having a friend install windows ME overtop my windows XP, then just about a week ago i reinstalled windows XP back on to the computer. and now i can not get any sound from the speakers.(not like i did when i had ME on there either). but everytime i try to play any song off of windows media player i get this message....

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.

could anyone please help me with this one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The problem might be that there is no driver installed for the sound card. Go to the system icon in the control panel, and click on hardware and then on Device Manager, and Sound Video and game controllers to find out if that is the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i managed to get my sound to work, but now my cd drive will not burn any cd's. it will bring data into the computer, yet it does not burn any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.