Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a'm about to install a Delta sound card in my Dell computer with XP. Is this hard to do?
Any suggestions?

thanks
Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
What type of Delta sound card?
What type of Dell?
What version of XP?

Other than that I should be a matter of inserting the card into the ISA/PCI slot hooking it up to your CD-ROM and installing and updated drivers after XP tries to load it's own drivers.

S

·
0 Posts
If your Dell has onboard sound which I'm sure it does you need to disable it in the bios or on the motherboard via jumpers.
Or maybe both....:)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
No Problem

There should be no problems installing the new card in XP, make sure to turn off any onboard sound in your bios, and for the love of everything holy: If XP says the driver will not work and cause your system to basicly stop working do not click on the "Ok, install it anyway button, hold off , goto the manuf. website and obtain the latest XP drivers for that card. The major problem people have with XP is driver related if you install a driver that XP has warned you about chances are very good from that point forward you will have system that is as stable as M.e. and once the damage is done there are very few times it can be undone without clean installing the system. Exceptions to every rule. But heed those driver warning messages Microsoft means it when it says Cause your system to become unstable / unusable is some/most cases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.