Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit sound card. It says that it has EAX Advanced HD, which I presume is like some form of an EAX version (like EAX 1.0 or EAX 2.0). Anyways whenever i am in a game like Call of Duty or Battlefield 2 and i have EAX on, it sounds horrible with occasional clutters.

An example is in Call of Duty, When I have EAX on and I reload my weapon it is really loud and the gunshots are quieted down. And the sound overall in EAX sounds garbled. Also whenever I auto-detect my settings it sets it to a non-EAX setting.

I recieve my sound through surround sound headphones.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem as you. When I played COD with EAX turned on it all garbled and I can't put up with it. It's not just COD but most games and movies that I play with EAX on are absolutely crap and I have to resort back to stereo and CMSS to make it come out of all 5 speakers. I have downloaded everything I can think of inculding new software off the Creative site, new drivers, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in again and I've even tried it in a new PCI slot. I thought the SB Live 24bit supported upto EAX 3.0, which I think is the Advanced HD. I've just e-mailed the people I bought it off because I thought it was faulty and asked for a replacement but it looks like it's not the soundcard if someone else is having the same problem. Unless there was a batch of faulty ones sent out. I bought mine in August this year. If anyone has any ideas could they please let us know, it's driving me crazy. FEAR's out on the 18/10/05 and I want EAX!! Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.