Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my life apparently sucks. I just recently reformatted with xp. Been using it for some time now with no problems. This time i put on my video drivers no problem, sound drivers... didn't work. windows won't recognize my sound card and i m really confused. when i install the drivers there is still no sound. when i check 'settings, control panel, sounds and under the audio tab' it says emu10kx which is the chip inside the sound card, but i guess it isn't recognizing the complete sound card. I have no idea what this means. I have reinstalled xp a couple of times, no change. i moved it to a different pci slot and i have updated xp and tried to update the drivers, but the updated drivers say it can't find that sound blaster audigy platinum is installed at all. Has anyone encountered anything like this? my mobo is epox 8kha. I ll be absolutely thrilled if anyone can answer this one, i have been stuck on this problem for way too long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The age of this thread make me feel thoroughly ashamed of the age of my equipment,but I have the same problem, only with the original sound blaster audigy. Can anyone let me know if the card in question was salvagable or am I looking at a new card? Cheers.

·
Banned
3,394 Posts
I would suggest if you have the same motherboard that you download and install the chipset drivers here:http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/via_hyperionpro_v515a.zip

If that doesnt work, post a new thread for yourself. Give us a detailed explaination of your problem and post your system specs by downloading PC Wizard (in my sig) and installing it. Then go to FILE, SAVE AS and save the text file to your desktop. THen copy the text out of that file into your NEW thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.