Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, first of all, nice forum, quite liking the whole thing :smile:

Had a quick search around the forums and was unable to find anything identical to what I have, it's been bugging me for a while and I still have no clue.

Symptoms:
At startup: sound does not load properly. No system sound, no audio, no all the volums bars are shown in the sound manager. Seems to happen more frequently when the laptop has been unplugged before startup.
When it does work, sound occasionnally seems to stop after a random amount of time (anywhere from half an hour to a couple hours uptime, sometimes a day or two). Again, no system sound and no audio. Possibly occurs more often when connected to the net but htis could just be an impression, havent measured it. Winamp trackbar just stops, does no play files. VLC media player acts like its playing (track bar moves forward like normal) but no sound.

When sound is not working, the laptop loses all ability to do a normal shutdown (at least in any reasonable length of time, sometimes does after 10 minutes) and requires a forced manual button pressing for 10 seconds restart

Its all I've been able to identify.

Ive checked and reloaded all drivers (sound, motherboard), checked the acpi and the power management. Nothing I could see wrong there.

Just checking to see of any of you have any ideas before i flash my bios and do a clean install on top.

Using WinXP Pro (LSD) french version on an ACER 2012 WLMi laptop
(havent found anything on the acer forums)

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I... ummm... can't seem to find the edit button this time around, guess its late and I'm tired...

What I was going to add are:
Soundcard: Realtek AC97
Sound is also absent when using external speakers or headphones

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.