Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I downloaded a trial copy of Sony Vegas 9 but I'm having trouble with starting it. The install goes smooth but when I try to launch it I get an error message:

"System is low on memory. You may be able to reduce memory usage by closing other applications."

I have now tried this on my 3 PCs and all say the same thing when trying to start Vegas.

The spec of the PCs are:

Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit - Service pack 2, fully updated
4GB RAM
250GB HDD
256MB Dedicated graphics

PC 1
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit - Service pack 2, fully updated
2GB RAM
500GB, 1TB and 200GB HDD
512MB Graphics

PC 2
Windows 7 Professional 32bit, fully updated
4GB RAM
500GB, 1TB HDD
512MB Graphics

On all the systems the RAM is only being used at a max of 40% when trying to run Vegas, even so I closed almost all the running apps in task manager and stopped a few services to free up as much RAM as possible, that took it down to around 20% in use and still no joy. I tried moving the pagefile to a non Windows HDD but no luck, so changed the size to around 10GB but still nothing.

I've run a memory diagnostic tool to see if my RAM was to blame on the PCs, but said that everything was OK with that. Reinstalled the Laptop and PC 1 with a clean install just incase there was an error in Windows, still the same error.
I'm all out of ideas so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
GlobalKilla

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure the memory being referred to is physical RAM and not virtual memory?
I have no idea what memory it is on about, thats why I moved the pagefile (virtual memory) to another HDD and when that didn't work I made the pagefile really big, about 10GB in size, but still the same error message.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.