Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I was updating my friends computer last night. The system was running very slow so I cleaned his registry and removed the junk files using Ace Utilities.

I then proceeded to run Windows update that told me it was going to install Windows Service Pack 1.

It was stuck on 15% for about an hour so I cancelled it and tried again. It eventually completed and I restarted the computer.

Now the Vaio welcome screen starts up, the screen goes blank and files appear to be updating in the top left hand side of the screen. It gets to one line and that line flickers continuously. I left it like that overnight but there is still no change. Restarted the computer a number of times and still no change. I am also unable to start it on safe mode.

HELP!!!

·
Awesom-O 4000
1,241 Posts
If there is a recovery partition you might have the option htere to do a system restore. On boot look for an F_ key to load to recovery partition.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wouldn't run in safe mode but we managed to revert back to the system resort point created before I installed the service pack and it's now running fine.

Cheers guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.