Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!
i just deleted win home ed which came with my vaio (vgn-fs215z) and installed win xp pro/sp2. i installed all necessary drivers but still have some problems...

1/ hotkeys dont work
2/ i dont have sony software which i quite like

i found some info that to have hotkeys working i need to install these:

Sony Drivers installer *
Sony Utilities Library/Sony Shared Library installer *
Sony Utilities DLL installer *
Hotkey Utility installer
Sony Notebook Setup Utility installer
Power Panel Utility installer

* i understand that that's drivers i downloaded and installed from www.vaio-link.com.

on ftp.vaio-link.com i found 'sony utilities library' and 'sony utilities DLL'. i installed both. then i installed hotkey utilities (i found a lot of different versions on ftp.vaio-link.com) and that's all i found.

the problem is that hot keys still dont work and ftp.vaio-link.com supports only vaio notebooks produced for US (written in text file in PUB). 'sony utilities library' and 'sony utilities dll' i downloaded from this ftp and believe they work with european laptops as well (?).

i tried to download 'sony notebook setup utility' from this ftp but it doesnt work ( i get info that my vaio is not supported by the version i've got).

i need also 'power panel utility' but dont know where can i find it.

i would try to copy it from recovery partition but dont know how to access it, cause it's hidden.

what about sony vaio media software?where can i get it...?

any help?

thank you
/NiemeN!

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Generally, the only way to have all of that installed is to stick with the original OS. If you don't upgrade from the old one, then you might lose everything, which in this case you have. Did you Sony come with any CDs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vgn-fs215z

hi!

it came only with recovery partition.

i already found a lot of information about problems i have and believe there are solutions. i will keep trying cause dont want to stick with this preinstalled slow xp/home...

do you know how to access recovery partition?(its not visible)

/NiemaN!

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Sadly, I'm not exactly sure how to access it from within Windows. My laptop also has a recovery partition that is hidden from Windows. I'm pretty sure it can be made visible through the disk manager so i'll tinker tonight and see what can be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.