Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RA 830G issue came after IE crashed. The PC would not reboot (device not found bios not installed). Rebooted via F2 and reset to defaults but still same message.

I have the Recovery Kit discs and attempted to reboot. I get to the backup data, no peripherals, etc and click Next but my Sony keyboard (wireless) and Mouse are not responsive. Disconnected Sony Keyboard (and wireless receiver) and added a wired keyboard. The wired keyboard is not responsive either.

I am one click away (I think, my computer savvy is not as great as my wife thinks it is), how can I get this recovery going without a functional keyboard? (or how do I get the keyboard(s) functional?)

Thanks,
SteveMA

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi SteveMA,

First off, please list the model of your laptop. Is the computer able boot into safe mode at least? Also, try booting the computer with "Last known good configuration". Hope everything works out well for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi SteveMA,

First off, please list the model of your laptop. Is the computer able boot into safe mode at least? Also, try booting the computer with "Last known good configuration". Hope everything works out well for you.
Actually it's a desktop:
Sony Vaio RA 830G.

Not able to boot in safe mode. Only rebooting with F2 (bios settings) has given me anything with a readable screen (everything else gives me a black screen).

Thanks, SteveMA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.