Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
New to this site. I'm having a problem with my Sony Vaio TR3A Laptop - just a couple minutes after I turn it on, it powers off (there's a blue screen with white writing that pops up before this happens, but its too quick for me to read the message and I don't know how to freeze it to read). Then it restarts but the same thing happens again a minute or so later. Please advise????

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Turn off automatic restart so you can capture the exact message on the blue screen.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your reply, but I tried that and my computer doesn't stay on long enough for me to get to the "properties" point. Should I take out the battery and/or take it to Radio Shack or wherever so they can check the battery? This was an expensive little laptop a few years back.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Turn on the Vaio and keep tapping F8 as soon as you see the Vaio logo. Please select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press enter.
The Vaio will restart, and stay on the BSOD, instead of restarting.
Please post this information from the BSOD here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
New to this site. I'm having a problem with my Sony Vaio TR3A Laptop - just a couple minutes after I turn it on, it powers off (there's a blue screen with white writing that pops up before this happens, but its too quick for me to read the message and I don't know how to freeze it to read). Then it restarts but the same thing happens again a minute or so later. Please advise????

Maybe it seems to be a cooling problem, and so your CPU might be too hot to work and the computer switch off to protect its.

If it is a cooling problem, I suggest you to clean the cooling system, verify that all fans turns, and also change the thermal paste.

If your computer switch off fastly (<10s), I think that i can be a fan or thermal paste problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.