Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Sony Vaio Laptop/Vista/Windows and I'm starting an Adobe Audition class for broadcastin school. I just downloaded Adobe Audition but it keeps giving an error message. I tried calling adobe but all I get is a guy on the other end that can't speak fluent English or explain anything.

So I thought I'd ask here.

First message that pops up says: Audio Input is not activated. Recording Audio is not possible. Please check your input configurations.

I checked. The sound works fine and the mic is working and put in the correct place.

So when I went to press record in Adobe Audition the next message says:
The selected input port or asio driver is invalid. Please change your setting in the audio hardware setup dialog.

The guy at Adobe Audition said it wasn't a problem with Adobe Audition. He said it was with the laptop ...so that's why I'm asking here....

I really need help asap. I have a class in which I need to use Adobe Audition. I can't imagine the software is not compatible with a brand new Sony Vaio. I refuse to get a new sound card. I just spent over 800 dollars for a brand new lap top for school.

How do I correct this issue? I just want to learn simple stuff with Adobe Audition. I do need to know what's going on. I hope this software is compatible with a brand new Sony Vaio. Can anybody help resolve this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a new Sony Vaio Laptop/Vista/Windows and I'm starting an Adobe Audition class for broadcastin school. I just downloaded Adobe Audition but it keeps giving an error message. I tried calling adobe but all I get is a guy on the other end that can't speak fluent English or explain anything.

So I thought I'd ask here.

First message that pops up says: Audio Input is not activated. Recording Audio is not possible. Please check your input configurations.

I checked. The sound works fine and the mic is working and put in the correct place.

So when I went to press record in Adobe Audition the next message says:
The selected input port or asio driver is invalid. Please change your setting in the audio hardware setup dialog.

The guy at Adobe Audition said it wasn't a problem with Adobe Audition. He said it was with the laptop ...so that's why I'm asking here....

I really need help asap. I have a class in which I need to use Adobe Audition. I can't imagine the software is not compatible with a brand new Sony Vaio. I refuse to get a new sound card. I just spent over 800 dollars for a brand new lap top for school.

How do I correct this issue? I just want to learn simple stuff with Adobe Audition. I do need to know what's going on. I hope this software is compatible with a brand new Sony Vaio. Can anybody help resolve this issue. Thanks.
Set audio inputs and outputs

When you set inputs and outputs for recording and playback, Adobe Audition can use two kinds of sound card drivers: Audio Stream In/Out (ASIO) and DirectSound. Some cards support both types of drivers.

ASIO drivers are preferable because they provide better performance and lower latency. You can also monitor audio as you record it and instantly hear volume, pan, and effects changes during playback. The main advantage of DirectSound is that you can access one card from multiple applications simultaneously.

While in adobe audition...
1. Choose Edit > Audio Hardware Setup.
2. Click the Edit View, Multitrack View, or Surround Encoder tab.
3. For Audio Driver, choose a driver for the sound card you want to use. (Choose an ASIO driver if one is available; otherwise, choose the DirectSound driver, Audition Windows Sound.)
4. (Optional) Click Control Panel, set driver properties, and then click OK. For more information, see Set driver properties for a sound card.
5. Do any of the following:

Under Edit View, choose stereo ports from the Default Input and Default Output menus.
Under Multitrack View, choose stereo or mono ports from the Default Input and Default Output menus.
In a multitrack session, you can override the defaults for a particular track. (See Assign audio inputs and outputs to tracks.)
Under Surround Encoder, choose output ports for each surround channel in the Output Channel Mapping area. (For information about device requirements, see Set the preview device for surround mixes.)

I had the same problem and fixed it this way... either it wasn't recognizing my sound card or... :pray: this is something helpful XD I had to use it for my Audio for Gaming class in college {im going for my bachelors in Game Design}

Try clicking Help and Search for the problem yourself... it's all there :)... man I called tech support and I too got a guy who couldn't speak fluent English...have a 18 do 30 year old man's job :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.