Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parents have a sony pcg-fx120 laptop running ME and last night went to shut down the laptop, normally they just reboot. No errors were known and it seemed to be fine, the laptop shut down. Now the laptop will not turn on at all. The lights will go on for a few seconds then they will all turn off, the fan doesnt even turn on. Nothing happens. We tried unplugging everything, and turning it on with only being plugged in, etc and nothing happens. Its really strange, and I'm not sure weather this is a ME or the laptop problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the laptop somehow works now. Its really strange, and am wondering if someone else has had this problem, I think this is the problem we had about a year ago. The same thing happened, where we shut down the laptop and it would not turn on for a few days then it would work fine. Is this a bug with ME or more then likely the sony laptop? Has anyone else experienced problems when you shut down the computer or laptop and can not turn it on for hours afterwards? Its like the laptop is locked or something, the lights turn on but it never switches to boot up, the fan or monitor doesnt even turn on. In any case, its really strange and makes no sense at all. :no:

·
Registered
1 Posts
the same thing just happend to my HP Pavillion ze4500--- I happened yesterday- i don't know if it will work- maybe i'l try it out

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Laptop wont turn on either

I am having the same trouble with my sony notebook Model pcg691l.. Except mine hasn't started working again yet... Any suggestions?

·
Vetustior Humo
11,129 Posts
beutifullLoser,

Did they buy the extended warranty? They’re going to wish they had.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ... the laptop is about to die. I had the exact same Sony. It did the exact same thing. A co-worker had a pcg-fx140 (same computer with a larger HD) and it did it too. Both were upgraded to XP, so it's not the OS. Both are long since in the recycle bin in the sky.

Sony wanted $450 to diagnose the problem. Then you get to pay for the repair; assuming they still carry the parts – which is doubtful. (It’s probably something on the MB and since this appears to be fairly common – I doubt they have many fx120 MB’s still laying around.)

The very next time it boots, I would backup anything they want to retain to CD. It’s only a matter of time before it stops booting altogether.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.