Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontkno I installed a Sony CRX320AE CD/DVD combo drive in my son's computer - it's older but still usable. PIII 750, plenty of RAM. Windows 2000 Pro SP4,. Install no problem. Nero software installed, no problem. The issue I am having is the video on DVDs is "jerky" - the audio is fine on CDs, fine on DVD if no video shown. I did not check hardware acceleration setting - wasn't sure if this would have any baring on issue.

The video card is NVidia Avanta - 16mb - wasn't sure if this was the issue either. Didn't want to replace it if it isn't the culprit.

I updated codec files, updated Nero software, checked to be sure the Drive is being recognized (shows up as CD/DVD drive and "functioning properly" in Control Panel/device manager).

Any suggestions what else to look at - I called Sony but I had to prove to them I purchased the drive within the last year - as apparently this product is now outdated! I purchased it 11/16/07! - I did email them info but I have to wait 24 hours before we can contact them again.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did ck - Hardware acceleration is enabled. Nero software came with the drive. I didn't try any other program. I am not sure if he has other programs for DVD viewing. I will ck - I haven't had time to get back to it.
Have been reinstalling OS on my grandson's laptop and reinstalling CD burning program on my daughter's computer....Not to mention fixing Turkey Day dinner! - I hope to work on it tomorrow. Thanks - & I will post if I find a solution.

CQ:sigh:

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
did you use a 80 wire ide cable with the drive the cable in the computer is more than likely a old 40 wire
the 80 wire has
black
grey
blue plugs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.