Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

There exists a very useful extension for Firefox called DejaClick. You can record your actions while navigating (where you clicked, what you filled in and where) through several pages. Unfortunately it doesn't have an IE port.

Is there a similar add-on for Internet Explorer?

Thanks!
Agoston

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Are you asking for a keylogger program? It's generally the type of program which raises privacy issues. Perhaps try googling???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked up on the net what on Earth a keylogger is, and if I understand it correctly, it stores all user input (keypresses, mouseclicks etc.)

This would be overkill. What I would need is something that only tracks HTTP REQUESTS that get sent to a server and is able to replay the whole series of requests. (I don't know for sure, but DejaClick must be doing something like this as well.)

First I indeed tried to google around for an appropriate add-on but couldn't find anything so far.

So the question remains: is there an add-on for IE that does this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
agostonbejo,

You may want to look at iMacros for IE. It doesn't really compare well with DejaClick recording-wise, since it can't replay sites with heavy dynamic content, but for simple web sites and recordings, it might be all you are looking for.

nickster_uk: to clear up a common misconception, DejaClick is not a keylogger by any stretch of the imagination - it records and replays Firefox web surfing activities and events very accurately and creates bookmarkable scripts, but does not record other OS-level activity, keyboard or otherwise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi SilliconIngot,

thanks for your answer. Actually in the meantime I have also stumbled upon iMacros, and indeed found it inadequate for the site I need to test (falls into the category of "heavy dynamic content" absolutely) - I couldn't really get far with it.

Anything similar which can cope with heavy DHTML?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to my knowledge, and certainly nothing that's free.

I assume the web site you want to record is not standards-based? (i.e., you have some specific issue that requires an IE-only browser?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.