Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently become aware of various ways to make money from being online,Competitions,Surveys and even earning money for using certain search engines.I'm also very aware of the saying that you dont get something for nothing and i think that using these sort of sites will definately lead to some nasties being installed on my com,But am i right?And if i am right and they do download crap onto your com,Do you think that all forms of these sites will download stuff to my com,Or do you think if i'm very choosy i will be able to avoid getting into trouble,Thanks for your time.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Do some background research on each of the sites you decide to use. Reviews from other websites and users will give you an idea as to their legitimacy. Also, check with McAfee Site Advisor to see if they have found any problems.

Be very careful about downloading files from any of these 'money for nothing' sites, and think twice about giving them your personal details.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regarding your point about personal details,The safest site i have found to date,Every person using it that i read about said zero problems,I've read a little from the site and it say's in order to be paid i need to give my bank details or i can be paid by paypal,I'm guessing no matter how kosher the site is it would be stupid to give them my bank details,Although i have no idea what paypal is?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Try and find some independant reviews of the site for impartial opinions.

PayPal is a way of making payments online, and is much safer than giving your bank details to a website. More details here.

How does PayPal work?
PayPal can be used to send and receive payments online. Once you sign up for PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address. You can use money from your PayPal balance or from another payment method of your choice, such as a credit card, debit card or your bank account. Recipients are then notified by email that they have received a payment from you.

Is PayPal free?
Yes, it's free to sign up for a PayPal account and to send money to friends and family. You can also transfer funds from your bank account to your PayPal account at no charge. Premier and Business accounts, as well as Personal accounts that accept credit card payments, are charged a small fee to receive payments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.