Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what to do? Recently my yahoo account was hijacked or whatever its called, Well I finaly got my account back, But I was informed by a friend that I had a profile on a personals called hornymatches. So I went to the site and entered the handle that he said I was going by and sure enough there was a profile with my pictures and my address and whoever made the profile joined as a paying(silver) member. I wrote the company telling them what had happened and that I did not place this profile and that I wanted it removed. But they have not contacted me back or removed the profile. Does anyone know what I can do? I serched for a phone number so that I could call them but there was none. Please help me ... :4-dontkno

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
here's something to try.

go to the site, hornymatches, and see if you can log into the account.

if it is using a password you don't recognize, see if there is a "forgot password" link.

this will usually send a new password to your email box, and if they used your yahoo to set the account up, then that's where the new password should end up.

then, log in and delete all the content, pictures and all.

then if they don't help you remove it, at least your pictures aren't there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone using my identity

I tried that and it said password was being sent to my inbox but never got it, So I tried again and same thing. I sent them another email stateing that I did not create the account and that I would apreciate it if they removed the profile but still have not heard back from them just an automatic response, stateing that they would be in contact with me. I figure that they dont want to delete the profile because who ever created it is a silver member and if they delete the profile they wont get any money for it.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
While you are working on immediate solutions, I would also recommend that you call one of your Congressional offices and let them know what ishappening to you. The executive branch is not going to move without a push, and this worked for a buddy of mine.

Hopefully, the staff will have a clue and make some calls.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to try that..Someone told me that hornymatch.com has a lot of womens profiles that were placed there with out permission.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
you might try sending an email to tom martino.

he runs a service called "the troubleshooters" where he will basically go and ask these people, "do you really want a lawsuit?"

and basically, when this guy opens his mouth, people get scared.

it's like if your friend stole 3$ from you, and expects you to beg for it back, and you call the police, and they want to put robbery charges on him. it would suddenly make your friend beg you to take the money back and drop the charges.

his website is http://troubleshooter.com/ and i think this sounds right for him.

(by the way, i mentioned the 3$ story because i actually know someone who took 3$ from a friend, laughed at him, and went inside a tavern to get a beer, the friend wasn't old enough to go in the tavern, so he called the police. then the cops showed up and arrested the guy that took the 3$ for "strong armed robbery" and he ended up doing 10 years for it. FOR 3$)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.