Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this about 4 hours ago in the HP support forums with no reply. Maybe someone here can help. What could be causing this kind of problem?

"Today I was having a problem with some HP related services ("net driver hpz12" and "pml driver hpz12") not starting back up after awakening from hybrid sleep mode in Vista Home Premium. I was also getting device disconnect and connect sounds upon awakening from sleep mode. So I figured it was a good idea to reinstall the printer software. First I did a full uninstall from the HP menu in the start menu. And then I noticed that the net driver and pml driver services still existed so I manually deleted the registry entries for them (probably a bad idea). Then I installed the 2007 Vista drivers for the hp psc 1401 printer.

Everything has reinstalled correctly except "net driver hpz12" and "pml driver hpz12". The services don't exist on my system. I tried another uninstall and reinstall, and same thing. What is going on?"

I have even tried subsequent deleting and reinstalling to no avail. God, I'm beginning to hate Vista. Or I hate HP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought maybe I somehow installed the wrong drivers. Thus I uninstalled *AGAIN* and installed the latest Vista drivers for this printer right from HP's website. And the "pml driver hpz12" and "net driver hpz12" services still won't install.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I must be the only person in the universe to have this problem. Usually google turns up other people with similar problems but not this case. I guess forum users have no idea either. My system must be screwed. Do-da-doo-doo do-da-doo-doo*whistles TZ theme*

I also noticed a big freeing up of RAM coming out of hybrid sleep today. Usually I have around 30%-35% of four gigs of RAM being utilized, cached, etc. but waking up from hybrid sleep, it goes down to around 20% or less. I wonder if that is normal. I never noticed that before. Maybe that has something to do with the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Today I was having a problem with some HP related services ("net driver hpz12" and "pml driver hpz12") not starting back up after awakening from hybrid sleep mode..."

To be more precise, the services were stopped after awakening, but they did turn back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I now don't think that the Vista software even installs these services. They might not be fully compatible with the OS. And it turns out that you don't really need them to scan or to get printer to display status. But I have to scan within software rather than use the printer button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.