Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i must have gotten a virus because puter was moving super slow and freezing up all the time. i figured i would reinstall xp with the disc dell gives you.
well it started fine and got to 34 minutes remaining and then freezes up.
now when i turn the puter on it goes rih=ght into windows setup and right back to the 34 mins remaining. how do i wipe harddrive clean so i can reinstall xp.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
You can download Killdisk Free Version to wipe the drive and all data. You can either dl it and make floppy bootable, or you can burn it onto CD using a bootable ISO and a CD Burning Program like Roxio, Nero, etc.

Wipe the drive, and start the reinstall from sq 1.

BMR777

P

·
0 Posts
My choice would be to Low Level Format the hard drive ( eighter it is the cause or not ) Open up the case while you are looking at the brand of your HD have a good cleaning too.

for more info on LLF you can read this thread

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello

BMR777 said:
You can download Killdisk Free Version to wipe the drive and all data. You can either dl it and make floppy bootable, or you can burn it onto CD using a bootable ISO and a CD Burning Program like Roxio, Nero, etc.

Wipe the drive, and start the reinstall from sq 1.

BMR777
I bought wipe disc but the puter wont let me run anything.
when i start up it automatically goes to set up then freezes

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
if you are using a program to wipe the drive,then you put it on a floppy and boot from the floppy
this will come in before the windows setup starts and allow you to wipe or format the drive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.