Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having some problems with my card. It's a linksys WMP54GS pci adapter for wireless. I ran the CD, turned off computer, installed the card, turned on computer and there's a yellow exclamation next to the device in device manager. Code 10 - conflicting resources. I have the latest drivers installed (linksys has not come out with any new drivers for this for a long time). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I'm running WindowsXP. Thanks for your help!

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,021 Posts
Re: yellow exclamation - linksys wireless pci card

Try uninstalling ALL the drivers for this card, turn off the machine, and move it to a different PCI slot, then reinstall the drivers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Try uninstalling ALL the drivers for this card, turn off the machine, and move it to a different PCI slot, then reinstall the drivers.
thank you! i uninstalled drivers and software, moved to different PCI slot, reinstalled and it worked fine. I have 6 free PCI slots, not sure why but that did it. thanks!

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,021 Posts

Resource allocation is a BIOS function, and it doesn't always work the same for all the slots. :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.