Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,after the change over from 2011 till 2012 my computer wont boot up properly.I keep gettin a message with 3 options stating to enter bios setting and configure or run default bios and or continue .I have already tried changing the date as it was showing 2002 but now the time is always different with the date staying ok.Any ideas for a solution,,,i am shure its not that difficult to render...thanks
win 7... 64- bit
ps..i havent been getting any updates for months now either.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,612 Posts
Re: Wont boot up

Start by replacing the bios battery, usually a CR 2032.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,612 Posts

The test for the bios battery is to have all settings correct, leave the computer on a full day (self charging), shut down (don't plug in if a laptop). If settings are wrong the next day that's the problem. A CMOS battery (my experience) has lasted from two to eight years.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok so if i were to go to my local computer shop what spck details will they need.I assume the CMOS (bios) battery is on the motherboard ,,the small flat round battery that is similer to a watch battery?.Can is just be removed by hand and replaced just as easy...First time with this happening thats why the detailed questions....thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.