Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have 2 computers in my house that access the internet through Comcast. My first computer is directly connected to the internet, however my second computer is wirelessly connected to the internet via a Comcast Netgear wireless router.

Whenever I need to connect to the internet through the wireless connection, I have to run services.msc to access Windows Wireless Zero Configuration then start the Wireless Zero Configuration service and I'm connected.

Here is my problem, I want to avoid having to start the Wireless Zero Configuration every time I start the computer that is connected to the internet wirelessly. (Whenever I turn off the computer, or restart, the Wireless Zero Configuration program stops and is not enabled on startup, this is why I ask). In short, is there a way to keep the Wireless Zero Configuration always on/started at all times, even when I shutdown or restart my machine? Is there anyway I can achieve this?

For future reference: The wireless computer's OS is Windows XP. Windows also automatically configures my wireless network connection after Zero Configuration is started.

Thank you.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Re: Wireless Network Configuration Problems

Did you check the properties of WZC to see if it's configured to start automatically with Windows?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed!

Did you check the properties of WZC to see if it's configured to start automatically with Windows?
Hello,

Yes, I have made sure that it is configured to start automatically with Windows.

Other that that, I have figured out that the Network Client that uses the drivers for my USB wireless device takes over WZC, and that WZC being started, or not, is no longer necessary for me to connect to the internet.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.