Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes i am looking for a clean install setup for windows Xp, i have the S/N on my PC tower. Yet i do not have a setup disk, does Microsoft have any type of demo/trail download install files or iso.?

·
Part Time Repair Tech
1,267 Posts
Re: Windows XP home setup.

Borrow an XP disc from someone else. Make sure the edition matches (Home, Pro, etc). Enter YOUR 25 digit product key when prompted for validation. It will pass validation.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

My dad has the setup disk, but only his code that came with the disk will work with his setup. I'm wondering why this is, being i cant seem to get my S/N to work.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,255 Posts

Probably because they are different versions?

What is the Brand and Model of your pc?

What version of XP is on the Sticker on the tower?

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

I've already formatted the hard drive, the sticker on my tower is Windows XP HOME the setup disk, is in-fact the same. I'm wondering why it wont allow my key during boot, being the key works in non-boot repair. But i decided to format with one pass zero, everything is correct and legal. Sorry reid but gmer doesn't work i tried multiple times.
(EDIT)
I'm using ps3 browser to post.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

It folds out in 3 sleeves with a disk in the center, with a folder on the right and pictures to the left. version 2002

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Its windows xp home upgrade so i must show it windows 98 before it'll allow anything could this be why my tower key is invalid during boot, setup?

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

lol .. Alright i'll use his key for now, u'mm one question how will i be able to use my tower key in the future. Were do i get the correct setup for it, as well will it cost?

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

COMPAQ

MS Windows XP Home SP3
AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 2.0GB RAM, S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR

This is all i know about the pc in general.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.