Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I am fullscreen and try to use my shortcuts I made to start up other programs they don't work e.g Ctrl + Alt + p to open winamp while in fullscreen mode and it will not respond. As soon as I minimize or alt+tab it will work.

How can I get it to work while in full screen?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Re: Windows shortcuts wont open while in a fullscreen application

Which software did you use to make the shortcuts/macro?

When you are running a full screen application, such as a game, you usually want that application to take the keyboard input and not another application behind the scenes. The Windows key is the exception to this, although some keyboards come with an option to disable this, as many (mostly gamers it seems) do not want that functionality whilst playing a game (e.g., the game minimising when the key is accidentally pressed). Often, the same types of applications will keep the keyboard focus even when in Window Mode. The easiest way to achieve what you want, is to have a keyboard with programmable macro keys. There are keyboards with 50+ keys available just for running macros.

This means that custom shortcuts may not work. The ALT + TAB key combination may or may not work, as some applications that require keyboard focus might be preventing that combination from working, perhaps because those keys do something inside the application.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Windows shortcuts wont open while in a fullscreen application

Yeah i have figured it out. In the property settings of an applications shortcut is where i made the hotkey but it will not work in fullscreen mode. I used autohotkey scripts instead and it's working fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.